Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Cauliflower Hack - Great Anti-inflammatory substitution

When I gave up grain on the anti-inflammatory diet, I couldn't believe how much better I felt. I already detoxed regularly, juiced, 80% plant based and cut the gluten. I really noticed it when I accidentally (or on purpose cheated) how bad and achy I felt the next day. Old injuries started aching. Even taking activated charcoal, it would take a full day to feel my energetic self.

But I missed rice, especially chicken/shrimp fried rice or sushi. With a food processor and a head of cauliflower, you won't miss rice. When you taste it again, it will taste old, not fresh.

Cut the florets off the cauliflower head with quartered onion and chives (fresh or dried) to your taste for fried rice. Just pulse food processor until rice kernel size, then pour into wok with a little broth or water. Put the top on for 5 minutes and voila, the best rice. I add a little avocado if rolling into sushi.

Safe travels on your wellness adventure...