Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Probiotics - A first step

After my diagnosis, I started reading german medical manuals & websites since they are well known for their proactive stance on health.I read article after article and started a "wellness bucket list" from what I gleaned on these manuals/sites.

Getting control of sugar overgrowth seemed to be the most important. Their comment was if you don't get control of sugar overgrowth and maintain friendly bacteria, it's not a matter of IF you'll get sick, it's a matter of WHEN and WHAT disease. Sugar overgrowth and it's inflammation are a component in every major disease.

Since I discovered I was immune suppressed by way of taking a low dosage of penicillin from age 7 to 18 and birth control pills from age 17 to 30, I had no friendly bacteria just sugar in control. So I decided I needed to not only "create the friendlies" but simultaneously push out the sugar overgrowth from my filters (i.e. liver and kidneys).

I tried Dandelion, Milk Thistle and they helped but only slightly. I read an account of American Indians using Yellow Dock as a liver tonic". I tried in capsule and had no effect. I put capsules in hot tea and I felt better almost immediately. I noticed I had clearer thinking, Itching all over my body stopped, candida dissipated, roseacea on my face cleared and my energy increased. It was the first indication that I was going the right direction.

I then started adding probiotics at night to arm the "friendlies" while my body was at rest and totally focused on healing. Within a week, I added to my morning protein drink and continue to this day.

Good luck on your wellness journey...